b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew as a holy language

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: James Read <J.Read-2 AT sms.ed.ac.uk>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Hebrew as a holy language
  • Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 20:00:07 +0100

Jubilees chapter 12:

24 And I will be a God to thee and thy son, and to thy son's son, and to all thy seed: fear not, from
25 henceforth and unto all generations of the earth I am thy God.' And the Lord God said: 'Open his mouth and his ears, that he may hear and speak with his mouth, with the language which has been revealed'; for it had ceased from the mouths of all the children of men from the day of the
26 overthrow (of Babel). And I opened his mouth, and his ears and his lips, and I began to speak
27 with him in Hebrew in the tongue of the creation. And he took the books of his fathers, and these were written in Hebrew, and he transcribed them, and he began from henceforth to study them, and I made known to him that which he could not (understand), and he studied them during the six

There is a bit here that Karl will like. It says:

And he took the books of his fathers, and these were written in Hebrew, and he transcribed them,

James Christian