b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George Athas <George.Athas AT moore.edu.au>
  • To: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Documentary Hypothesis
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 10:30:51 +1100

Harold, Wiseman's treatment is not very compelling. He uses the 'left-handed
albino midget' type of argumentation: possible, but not all that probable. He
seems motivated by a desire to make history fit into a Danielic shape. I
don't find it convincing. David Valeta's approach, using satire, is far more
convincing, in my opinion. I recommend his new book, 'Lions and Ovens and
Visions', and his short article 'Court or Jester Tales' in the journal
'Perspectives on Religious Studies'.

Regards,

GEORGE ATHAS
www.moore.edu.au