b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Zech 1:19,21

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Yigal Levin <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Zech 1:19,21
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 06:20:10 +0300

No, Shoshanna,

"Keren" can mean either a horn or a "ray". Karnaim is dual, Kranot is plural. The four horns of an altar are called "kranot hamizbeax".

Yigal Levin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shoshanna Walker" <rosewalk AT concentric.net>

I thought that Karnaim is plural for horns, and Kranot plural for rays of light

Steve,

I am sorry but I am afraid you entirely misunderstood what I said,
possibly too tersely. KRANOT is just the plural of KEREN, 'horn'.