b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard3 AT earthlink.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Dying, you will die Gen 2:17
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:00:33 +0100

On 11/04/2007 04:16, Harold Holmyard wrote:
HH: Yes, we believe the new covenant replaces the Mosaic covenant, but it does not replace the Abrahamic covenant. ...

This needs qualifying in that views on such matters vary between Christians. It is hard to argue from the New Testament that the Mosaic covenant has been abolished, but Shoshanna has a point that it has never applied to Gentiles, but only to Jews. To go further into this gets into abstruse and controversial Christian theology, so I will desist.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org