b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 Translation Help

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: Yitzhak Sapir <yitzhaksapir AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 Translation Help
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 12:41:55 +0100

On 15/09/2006 00:31, Yitzhak Sapir wrote:
On 9/14/06, Peter Kirk wrote:

See http://www.torahresource.com/Newsletter/Ps22.16.pdf for an image and
discussion of the DSS fragment in question. There is also a lot of
discussion of this on the Internet, including in the archives of this
list, which you can find with Google.

One should keep in mind that, despite the name "torah resource", the
website has a vested interest in a particular interpretation of the passage.
I actually find the website name deliberately misleading and offensive. The
article above also reads more like a sermon than a scholarly article. ...

I recommended this site only for the image. However, as someone else noticed, even this has been touched up. The accompanying discussion is one of many on the Internet and probably no better or worse than most others.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org