b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 Translation Help

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peter AT qaya.org>
  • To: JBarach AT aol.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 Translation Help
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 10:36:51 +0100

On 14/09/2006 00:44, JBarach AT aol.com wrote:
Harold writes:
HH: There is now suppprt from the Dead Sea Scrolls for the variant reading: "they pierced my hands and my feet."

Could you provide a bit more info please? I have both the Vermes and the Wise, Abegg, et al. translations of the DSS if it helps to point me to a passage.
See http://www.torahresource.com/Newsletter/Ps22.16.pdf for an image and discussion of the DSS fragment in question. There is also a lot of discussion of this on the Internet, including in the archives of this list, which you can find with Google.

--
Peter Kirk
E-mail: peter AT qaya.org