b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 Translation Help

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Holmyard <hholmyard AT ont.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 22 Translation Help
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 17:29:59 -0500

Yonah Mishael wrote:

Where does the image come from that is being used in this pdf? I find
it a little odd that this one line seems to be more fully visible than
any of the other lines in the fragment. Has it possibly been traced
over to make the letters stand out, at least in the digital
reproduction? Could someone have doctored the image that is being
presented in that pdf? Do you know of any other shots of this fragment
have been placed online for viewing? It just seems strange to me that
this is the only completely legible line in the fragment according to
that image.

HH: Thanks to Peter for providing the link. The caption under the image says that the line being investigated in Psalm 22 is enhanced.

Yours,
Harold Holmyard