b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] When God began to create...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Herman Meester <crazymulgogi AT gmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] When God began to create...
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 01:02:20 +0100

BM Rocine has contributed:

B-Haverim,

To lend support to the idea that Gen. 1:1 should be taken as a dependent
clause, I think it is worth mentioning the syntactical parallel between
Gen. 1:1-3 and Gen 2:4b-7, <dependent clause-parenthetical-main clause>,
shown here:
(...)

Herman:
Brilliant!
And thank you for some deepening of our understanding of Hebrew.
This is indeed exactly the same structure; I wonder how Karl and other
opponents will sort this out. It is almost impossible to ignore this.