b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] OT- perspective (was Josiah's book of the Law)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] OT- perspective (was Josiah's book of the Law)
  • Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 23:34:52 +0100

On 04/08/2005 20:50, Jim West wrote:

The DtrH does not find its genesis (thats a funny yet ironic phrase) in the period of Josiah. It was written after the exile. And probably during the Hasmonean period. ...

What evidence do you have for this unqualified assertion? I note that in a later posting you qaulified it with "in my estimation". But why didn't you write that the first time?

... But you are right- there is scant archaeological evidence for anything in the Hebrew Bible.

What, not even for Nebuchadnezzar and Cyrus?

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)