b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Bibliography request on -he suffixes

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "David Kummerow" <farmerjoeblo AT hotmail.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Bibliography request on -he suffixes
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 08:37:53 +1000

Have a look at:

Hoftijzer, Jacob. A Search for Method: A Study in the Syntactical Use of the H-locale in Classical Hebrew. Leiden: Brill, 1981.

Rainey has a useful review in Hebrew Studies 31 (1990): 173-176.

Regards,

David Kummerow.

Hello all,

Aside from standard teaching and reference grammars, can any of you
recommend good bibliography on the use and syntax of the "paragogic ?
[H]," and especially how to distinguish a "paragogic ? [H]" from a
"directional ? [H]"?

(I certainly don't want to tell anybody what to say or not say, but
please understand that I am looking for _bibliography_, for published
academic sources, not individual listers' ideas on this subject.)

Todah rabbah!

Chris
--
R. Christopher Heard