b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: "Peter Kirk" <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the torah
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:12:06 +0100

Peter wrote:
And I think even the most conservative interpreters accept
that at least part of the remaining 5%, especially chapter 34, was not
in fact written by Moses.
end quote.

There are two possibilities here. One proposition is that it was originally
the beginning of the book of Joshua and was kept at the end of the scroll
as an introduction to the book of Joshua and to recall to the reader that,
although the two scrolls had two different authors, the true author was yah
and that the two scrolls should be considered as a the one book by the one
true author, yhwh.
Another possibility is that Moshe, as a prophet inspired by Yah, knew that he
was about to die (and this had in fact been told to him by Yahowah himself)
and therefore was able to pen the words himself.