b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the Torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the Torah
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 06:13:45 +0100

Exile & Post Exile

Did Daniel,Ezra and Nehemiah hold the Torah to be Moshe's work?

Compare:
Dan9:13 with Lev26:16
Dan9:11 with Deu28:15,31:17
Neh8:1 with Lev27:34
Neh8:2 with Lev23:24
Neh8:6 with Deu27:26
Neh8:8 with Lev10:11
Neh8:9 with Lev23:24, Num29:1
Neh8:18 with Lev16:29,23:36
Ezra3:1 with Lev16:29
Ezra3:2 with Exo20:24, Exo40:29
Ezra3:3-6 with Exo23:16,29:38,29:42, Num28:3-4,28:23,29:1,29:12-13,Lev23:24
Ezra7:6 with Deu4:5,5:1,28:1

How long would it take you to read the direct discourse starting at Deu 5 ?
Apparently it took Ezra (a sopher) 6 hours 'from daybreak till noon'. And he
has more to say for a further 7 days. Was he really that slow a reader???

Doesn't it seem strange that the Isrealites were familiar with festivals
which
were only penned about 50 years later?
And doesn't it seem stranger that they evidently accepted these as given by
Mose'???

Security System.