b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the torah
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 15:17:06 -0600

On Friday 29 July 2005 13:06, Jim West wrote:
> You guys are making the mistake of globalizing the localized. This
> "torah" can be just a few lines and in fact that is what the passages
> flying around now imply. "God said, don't steal, don't kill, don't
> adulterate"- Moses, write down this "instruction" (torah). which you all
> have made to mean "THE Torah" or the whole thing. Moses, if he existed
> at all, cannot be credited with authorship in any comprehensible way.

And this is based on..............? Nothing, as far as I can see, except the
oft-discredited DH idea and its various progeny. Perhaps it is you who are
making the mistake of localizing the globalized. The fact is, you don't
know. This is just the view you prefer.

--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur