b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the torah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Read, James C" <K0434995 AT kingston.ac.uk>
  • To: "Jim West" <jwest AT highland.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Author of the torah
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 19:28:51 +0100

Quote:
There are three places where Moses is said to have written something- Ex
24:4, Dt 31:9, 31:22. An even not so careful reading will show that the
reference to Moses writing refers only to the present pericope.
end quote.

Have you read Deouteronomy 31:9 closely?
What did he write?
The law???
How do you say 'law' in hebrew?
Isn't it something like 'torah'?
And the name of the book attributed to Moshe?
The torah???

My! What an amazing coincidence!!!