b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] John Gill's Dissertation

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "wattswestmaas" <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.Ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] John Gill's Dissertation
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:19:08 -0000

It shall be nice for once to be able to contribute to this forum instead of
draining you all of brain power so here is an offer.

I noticed that some months ago there was a discussion about the Masoretes
and vowel pointing. I realise that this is a subject of debate in some
circles and that someone gave information about John Gill who wrote a
lengthy dissertation in 1767 on "The antiquity of the hebrew language and
vowel pointing". If anyone is interested I can save them money and trouble
by emailing them this work via word.doc as an attachment.

regards, Chris Watts. Ireland.