b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Aprisa Old Word Hebrew Program

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Pere Casanellas <pcasanel AT pie.xtec.es>
  • To: Steve Miller <smille10 AT sbcglobal.net>, B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aprisa Old Word Hebrew Program
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:28:47 +0100

At 21:16 21/03/2005 -0500, Steve Miller wrote:
Hello,

[...]

Lastly, could anyone recommend a PC program for studying the Hebrew Bible
and Biblical Hebrew?

I cannot recommend anyone, but you can find some programs on pages 27 and 28 of my list "Bible and Judaims resources" (<http://www.pere.casanellas.com/bible>). Also, on page 22 you can consult the adresses of some manufacturers and resellers. Finally, on page 4 you can find some interesting resources to learn Hebrew on line (I recommend, for example, A Hebrew Word a Day, but it is about modern Hebrew).

Once you know some Hebrew, an excellent way to improve your knowledge is to read the Hebrew text with the help of the resources you have in the program BibleWorks, in my opinion the best program to study the Hebrew Bible using a PC (page 31 of my list).

Best wishes,

--
Pere Casanellas
E-mail: pcasanel AT pie.xtec.es