b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Aprisa Old Word Hebrew Program

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Tigran Aivazian <tigran AT bibles.org.uk>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Aprisa Old Word Hebrew Program
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 11:22:35 +0000

On 22/03/2005 10:32, Tigran Aivazian wrote:

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Steve Miller wrote:

Lastly, could anyone recommend a PC program for studying the Hebrew Bible
and Biblical Hebrew?

I would recommend to AVOID using computers for studying Biblical Hebrew, because it is too much strain on the eyes. Your eyes are a precious resource give to you by God and it is best to use them for reading books printed on paper than on the screen. ...

On this point I would disagree. I find reading books with very small Hebrew points much more strain on my eyes than reading them on a high quality computer screen, on which I can enlarge the characters so that they are readable from a convenient reading distance, and set the brightness to an adequate level with ease. Of course this requires a good quality computer font - but then a printed book depends on good print quality as well.

But I realise that this depends very much on the individual and the characteristics of his or her eyes.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)