b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Qeri and ketiv readings

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Tigran Aivazian <tigran AT bibles.org.uk>
  • To: wattswestmaas <wattswestmaas AT eircom.net>
  • Cc: B-Hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Qeri and ketiv readings
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:11:34 +0000 (GMT)

looks like Chris was asking about the entire huge topic of ketiv/keri in general and I narrowed it down to just one specific category which he pointed to by referring to Gesenius, namely "ketiv velo kere". But there are several other categories and it is not just 2-3 pages but the entire 1000+ pages of Ginsburg's Introduction (plus Levita plus ben Chayim) which must be studied in order to cover it all --- sorry Chris, a lot more reading to do for you than I suggested below :)

Shalom
Tigran