b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53:8

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53:8
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:26:08 +0200

Karl,

I personally have no well-defined opinion about whether LMW must be plural,
and I'm perfectly willing to accept the idea that even in this case (Gen.
9:26) it is singular. However, Noah's words are quite obviously prophetic -
he speaks about the future. Moreover, the "characters" of Noah's sons and
descendants are quite obviously representative figures, who reflect what the
biblical authors thought about their "progeny".

Yigal