b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53:8

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53:8
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 21:21:44 +0200

Karl:

So you do agree that Noah's words are meant to be prophetic. That's the only
part in your previous post that I objected to. A I wrote, I'm willing to
accept that LMW can be used in the singular.
However, when I wrote that "the characters of Noah's sons and descendants
are quite obviously representative figures", I meant that this is how they
were intended to be seen by the author(s). And yes, I do think that authors
will use language differently for different types of writing.

Yigal