b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Amalekites!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 AT mail.biu.ac.il>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Amalekites!
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 01:09:20 +0200

Michael,

The problem with quoting Sanchiunaton via Philon of Byblos via Eusebius, is
that all we have of this so-called "Phoenician cosmogony" is a third-hand
account related by a Christian living Palestina and heavily influenced by
Jewish traditions. Assuming that Eusebius did have a real "Phoenician "
source, I would suspect that any similarity between what he tells us and
anything "biblical" is mostly wishful elaboration on Eusebius' part.

Yigal