b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Amalekites!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Amalekites!
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:04:47 -0500

Yigal:

You should mention a fourth possibility, that this is a historical record,
that the Amalekites mentioned in Genesis 14:7 were one of the many groups who
were not mentioned in the original 70 nations, but still an early recognized
people. After all, were all the other peoples mentioned in verses one through
six among the original 70 nations?

And yet a fifth possibility, that this was a place name, that the Amalekite
people were a later development.

(I haven’t checked these out yet, but these are possibilities.)

Karl W. Randolph.