b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Amalekites!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Peter Kirk <peterkirk AT qaya.org>
  • To: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Amalekites!
  • Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:58:14 +0100

On 13/08/2004 13:24, Shoshanna Walker wrote:

That is not true at all. Some Jews may have forgotten, but most of the Jews I know, know without a doubt that the Torah (written and oral) contains within it all knowledge, past present and future, and that the law it contains is DAVKA for the purpose of connecting ourselves with that holiness.

For the benefit of us goyim (= non-Jews), what exactly is DAVKA? The word is familiar to me only as the name of a Hebrew word processing package.

--
Peter Kirk
peter AT qaya.org (personal)