b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:55:41 -0500

Dear Vadim:

I have run into many times where Jews state A (TNK) + B (Talmud + Rabbis
&#8800; NT), just as complex if not more so, and I find linguistically often
weaker.

The ideal (not always followed) from the Reformation is to look at the text,
analyse it grammatically, culturally, linguistically to the best of our
knowledge, then let the theological chips fall where they may.

Karl W. Randolph.