b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] NEW SUBJECT NOT ACCEPTABLE, was OT: relevance of the prophecies

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "B. M. Rocine" <brocine AT twcny.rr.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] NEW SUBJECT NOT ACCEPTABLE, was OT: relevance of the prophecies
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:57:58 -0400

B-Haveray:

Let me come at this from a different angle this time but still as a list
administrator. I'm not trying to single out Vadim, Peter or Harold. This
is only the most current thread. We need to get back inside our list
mission.

We will not discuss on b-hebrew the post-biblical history of Jewish (or
Christian) Messianism, the relevance of prohecies generally or prophecy as a
phenomenon generally.

On the other hand, we may investigate the faith and doctrine of biblical
personalities including what Isaiah thought of Micah's prophecies.

Bottom line: Harold's comment is probably out-of-bounds, Peter's is
in-bounds, and Vadim's new subject line and comment are likely to lead us
astray.

BTW, Vadim, re: "Isaiah would have laughed his socks off..." Please keep
the discussion more collegial in tone and helpful in detail?

Thanks all.

Shalom,
Bryan Rocine
b-hebrew co-chair