b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "VC" <vadim_lv AT center-tv.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:41:27 +0300

Dear Yigal,

Since Oral Tradition was not written but memorized, no layman could have
known it.
bar Sheta introduced compulsory learning of Torah for Jewish boys.
I was also referring to the episode of Jesus reading in the synagogue. I
guess this argument goes without verification for Christian scholars. Some
kind of reading was there, anyway.
Gospels contain the citations by supposedly knowledgeable NT personages. So
why they are distorted? Because the authoring folks relied on LXX, and
distorted even it as it suited them. It did not make sense to appeal with
this gibberish to Jewish scholars, right? But in the Acts, these folks
lecture Sanhedrin with utterly distorted text. Makes any sense to you?

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny

> Now, that's a sweeping statement (three, in fact)! I'll stay away from the
> NT authors, but what source do you have about "common Jews", besides the
NT,