b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Verbal Root - CHET-RESH-MEM

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Verbal Root - CHET-RESH-MEM
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 17:24:38 -0500

Dear Reinier de Blois:

I understand this verb to refer to sentencing something to destruction, which
for living things is a sentence of death. For something devoted to the Lord,
to the giver it is the same as dead or destroyed in so far as he can no
longer make use of it.

Is there connection between this and a (fish) trap?

Karl W. Randolph.