b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dave Washburn <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:36:44 -0600

On Monday 07 June 2004 09:54, VC wrote:
> Dear Harold,
>
> > HH: The fact that the Christian approach requires more assumptions
> > does not necessarily make it weaker.
>
> Well, you studied logic, did you? More assumptions - weaker the argument.
> Or is the logic inapplicable here? Tertullian's argument about the
> absurdity still relied on logic.
>
> >The most simple idea is not
> > always correct. It may overlook some important fact.
>
> Taking the NT as a fact is itself an assumption.

Actually, it's based on history. If you have an inescapable fact that
surrounds the material being examined, then it must be factored in, whether
one likes it or not. Your constant caricatures of this aspect of Hebrew
study are becoming tiresome. It's clear that either a) you don't really
understand the Christian perspective and basis, or b) you choose deliberately
to ridicule. Either way, I'm amazed at what the moderators have let you get
away with so far.

> >The claim of
> > Christianity is that God was giving new revelation through Jesus
> > Christ. The claim is that he was a prophet and in fact the Messiah
> > prophesied in the OT.
>
> Only a prophet? Wow, you are very liberal. Every Muslim would agree with
> you

Did you happen to read his entire statement? This is another clear example
of
caricaturization and ridicule. If you insist on engaging in such ad
hominems, it's your prerogative, but please don't do it on this list.

[snip]
--
Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur