b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "VC" <vadim_lv AT center-tv.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] OT: a link about Modern Hebrew
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 12:38:36 +0300

Since the difference between the ancient and modern Hebrew is relatively
minor, and could be covered in a month or so, which is not a major term for
people devoting their life time to Hebrew studies, may I suggest that this
negligence to the modern Hebrew has doctrinal roots?
In your example, Medieval French scholar relies on the publications of
French-speaking scientists, and so needs the modern French. But in the
Hebrew studies, opinions of the Jews are a curiosity at the most because
they do not understand the divine message, anyway. Believe it or not, this
is the reply I once got from a reputable group of scholars working on the
translation of Tanakh.

Best regards,

Vadim Cherny

http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/pages/ShArtPE.jhtml?itemNo=435092&contrassID