b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53:8

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <unikom AT paco.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 53:8
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 19:06:14 +0300

Dear Harold,

With this attitude, how can you disagree with Rolf? He is saying essentially
the same thing: that there are waw's, which do not reverse the tense. But
most people opt for statistically more probable rule: that waw's reverse the
tense.

At least, you may agree that my translation is statistically more probable
than yours, since it relies on the much more common meaning. And I would
agree that your translation better conforms to the Christian doctrine.

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny