b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] "Opens the Womb" and "Firstborn"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "UUC" <unikom AT paco.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] "Opens the Womb" and "Firstborn"
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 19:00:49 +0300

Just a suggestion, to begin with, not a defendable position.
pr exists in a number of variations: pr, por, prr, related prsh, etc. Very
flexible root. Introducing t is a possibility, especially considering
semantical likeness. t is soft because it's pronounced soft. It's not
necessary an infix, rather likely a root letter. That's to say, ptr is
related to prr, not the same root.

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny