b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] ur-textual possibilities between MT and LXX on Psa. 2:12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Deborah Millier <deborahmillier AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] ur-textual possibilities between MT and LXX on Psa. 2:12
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 11:09:25 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings to all,
A (hopefully) quick question: what are your educated
speculations as to what the translator(s) of the LXX's
rendition of Psa. 2:12(DRAXASTHE PAIDEIAS, "[you all]
trap instruction"?) was reading in the Hebrew. I, for
the life of me, can't come up with a satisfactory
back-translation that explains the substantive
differences of wording and concepts between the LXX
and MT there. Can anyone help?

-- Michael Millier