b-hebrew - Re: Atonement Vs. Redemption

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Atonement Vs. Redemption
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 20:58:31 -0400

Friends,

On behalf of the co-chairs, we recommend that this thread be concluded.
While the discussion of the meaning of these terms in the Hebrew Bible are
within the boundaries of our charter, discussion (assertions, really) of
confessional traditions (Jewish and Catholic, in this case) cross the line
of our forum focus.

I agree, and respect you

But how can you discuss such concepts, stripped of their religious meanings? They don't mean anything as mere words with no theological background - indeed the entire Torah can also not be studied stripped of the theological teachings it was brought into the world to teach.

Shoshanna

Since this public forum is composed of members of many different faith

commitments, our forum's charter is designed to help us find common ground
for discussion.

We recommend that members review our charter and "rules of engagement"
found at <http://www.ibiblio.org/bhebrew/>.

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew co-chair
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D. <klowery AT wts.edu>
Associate Director, Westminster Hebrew Institute
General Editor, Project "eL", The XML Leningrad Codex
Chair, Computer Assisted Research Group, Society of Biblical Literature

---
You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [rosewalk AT concentric.net]