b-hebrew - Re[2]: Atonement vs Redemption

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Shoshanna Walker <rosewalk AT concentric.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Atonement vs Redemption
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 21:33:34 -0400

In order to understand the Torah, especially concepts such as these,
you have to go to JEWISH sources. There is no other authority.

I have been enjoying this interesting discussion. But I'm a little
confused. Are you saying Jacob Milgrom isn't a Jewish source? The
Anchor series is an interfaith work (including Moshe Greenberg of
Hebrew University for the Ezekiel volume), and in any case Milgrom
also writes for the JPS Torah commentary (the Numbers volume). That
seems to place his commentary on Torah as a reasonably Jewish source.

Paul Schaefer

Sorry - I was comparing him to the great commentators, and the Mishna, and the Talmud, and the Kabbalists, I don't know how versed he is in them, in order to really understand, one has to be familiar with the whole unbroken chain of oral tradition, which was subsequently written down.

Shoshanna