b-hebrew - Re: Atonement Vs. Redemption

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kirk Lowery" <Kirk AT leningradensis.org>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Atonement Vs. Redemption
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:23:17 -0400

Friends,

On behalf of the co-chairs, we recommend that this thread be concluded.
While the discussion of the meaning of these terms in the Hebrew Bible are
within the boundaries of our charter, discussion (assertions, really) of
confessional traditions (Jewish and Catholic, in this case) cross the line
of our forum focus.

Since this public forum is composed of members of many different faith

commitments, our forum's charter is designed to help us find common ground
for discussion.

We recommend that members review our charter and "rules of engagement"
found at <http://www.ibiblio.org/bhebrew/>.

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew co-chair
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D. <klowery AT wts.edu>
Associate Director, Westminster Hebrew Institute
General Editor, Project "eL", The XML Leningrad Codex
Chair, Computer Assisted Research Group, Society of Biblical Literature