b-hebrew - Re[6]: Ethics of our Profession

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk"<peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <yonsaf AT beitberl.ac.il>
  • Subject: Re[6]: Ethics of our Profession
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 16:56:52 -0500

Dear Jonathan,

Thank you for taking time for this in the midst of your busy schedule.
I also have little time for this just at the moment.

Let me just say that I am not trying to argue for a naive reading of
the texts as if everything was fine. I see the differences between
Deuteronomy and elsewhere in the Pentateuch. I am not sure how to
account for them, but I am sure that there are explanations other than
that the whole Pentateuch is Josianic or later.

See also some specific answers below.

Peter Kirk