b-hebrew - Re: Ethics of our Profession

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ian Hutchesson <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Ethics of our Profession
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 10:51:08 +0100

At 05.47 13/02/00 +0100, Jonathan Bailey wrote:
>I am earnestly dismayed at the group of people who are attacking Rohl
without having
>read him.

I am flabbergasted over the range of people who support Rohl against the
standard literature without having read the standard literature. This goes
for Peter, Dave, almost certainly you, and nearly everyone who has placed
information on the web about the Rohl material.

If people have problems with specific criticisms I give of Rohl, then let
them deal with them (hopefully by reading the standard literature). The
empty rhetoric gets nowhere.

Ian