b-hebrew - Re[2]: FW: Just a clarification

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk"<peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: FW: Just a clarification
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 22:40:06 -0500

In this way you may be able to falsify Rohl's general redating (though
you also need to explain his evidence from Apis bull datings etc etc).
However, I should remind you that this does not falsify Rohl's
identifications of biblical and archaeological events, except for
those who are committed to the chronology of Thiele etc based on the
internal biblical evidence. Rohl actually has two quite distinct
theses, which are link only by Thiele's questionable chronology.

Peter Kirk