b-hebrew - Re[2]: JEDP

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: JEDP
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 19:37:10 -0500

Dear Noel,

You write: "if they are by one author then he must have been a
schizophrenic". I am not saying that I disagree, but precisely what
evidence do you have of that?

NPL has made a good specific point that the chronology of the flood
narrative is difficult with one author, though it surprises me that he
wrote a paper about this without reading one on the same subject which
had just been published - and I also have not read Longacre's paper
which may refute NPL's point.

So please, everyone, come up with some evidence rather than with
attempts at psychoanalysis across huge gulfs of culture and
understanding. You ask "the non-documentarians to account for the (for
want of a better word) sources". But unless you can present any
specific evidence for sources, there is simply nothing to account for!

Peter Kirk