b-hebrew - Re: JEDP

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: JEDP
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:42:06 -0500

I can offer one which at least has the benefit that there is some
evidence to support it, in that all texts and versions support it:
This (and the rest of Genesis) was all written by one author as a
single composition. At least this, rather than 19th century
speculations, should be the starting point of our studies as we enter
the 21st century.

I don't mean to say that I am committing myself to this view, but
rather that I would like to see evidence to the contrary presented
rather than assumed.

Peter Kirk