market-farming - [Market-farming] Earthway Seeder and Haikui Turnips

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Earthway Seeder and Haikui Turnips
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 22:58:48 -0700 (PDT)

All I have is an Earthway Seeder and my two hands to plant turnips with.  (I would love a Jangs, or pinpoint seeder, but that is not in the budget and I didn't win the lottery last week!)

Last year I tried to use the Earthway, but it had a tendency to grind them up.  Can anyone suggest a good way to plant these or a way to help the Earthway not to make turnip seed fines?

Thanks,
Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas