market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pricing tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pricing tomatoes
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 09:06:24 EDT

Jay we are finding that our markets are getting softer as the summer goes on. Prices like we had last year is just plain not working this year, the money is getting tighter.  We really haven't changed prices much but have changed quantities or weight amounts.  We replace some products that go early with oriental cucumbers for fall sales, works pretty good.  We also use a lot of pole bean on trellis in our hoops this time of year, they kindof love the heat, a lot easier to pick, and usually will stay on till late fall sales.  Planted a whole bunch this last weekend, and we have been eating them since the first of May.

Phil