baslinux - Re: [BL] email machine

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] email machine
  • Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2009 03:50:59 +0000 (UTC)

BL3 is set to automatically log in to console (respawn).
Rebooting with CTRL-ALT-DEL or reboot logs one in again.
Can inittab be set to log in once but not on reboot?

I copied BL2 shutdown command but when I try to run it:
'You don't exist. Go away.'

Set up with lilo, turning on the computer loads BL3, logs in, dials, starts elinks and logs into fastmail. The user only needs to type CTRL-ALT-DEL when done reading mail. Or q y r(eboot).

The solution so far is to reboot and then turn off the computer when you see a black screen. Sometimes this is too soon. Any better ideas?

Turning off the computer when done reading mail slows down the next boot and might cause other problems. (With puppy linux 4.3 it completely destroys the installation beyond the abilities of e2fsck to fix, at least with the full not frugal installation - I had to replace Puppy with XP just now for a friend).

Sindi Keesan