baslinux - Re: [BL] email machine

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] email machine
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 16:45:37 +0000 (UTC)

Dillo by default does not accept cookies.

I am trying to compile Dillo 2 which needs fltk2 (instead of gkt1) and uses half the memory of Dillo 0.8* (which uses about the same memory, even including Xvesa and xinit, as links2 graphical).

First I need to compile FLTK2 (fast light toolkit) and install it so dillo can statically link it in.

It wanted header files from xfree86-4.2.0*.tgz - I only copied over
/usr/X11R6/include/X11/*.h and extensions/h.

It wanted libXi.a (from the devel package).

It compiled for quite a while and made openGL*.a and fltk.a and was working on fluid but got stuck (make 2> error.log contents)

../lib/libfltk2.a(run.o): In function `fltk::handle(void)':
run.o(.text+0x236b): undefined reference to `Xutf8LookupString'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [fluid2] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Is there a workaround? I don't care about utf8 (unicode).
There is a src/run.o which is binary and I have no idea how to edit it.

I am using Slackware 8.1 headers and libXi.

Maybe just fltk.a will be enough, without fluid?

Steven, any interest in compiling Dillo 2 for BL?