baslinux - Re: [BL] links hacked

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] links hacked
  • Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 19:14:55 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi Keesan wrote:

Claims to combine links2 and elinks.
Graphical (inline images), persistent cookies, SSL, javascript (see elinks
for instructions on how).

1MB source code and 2MB font packages.

Available at linuxpackages.net version 030709 2003 for Slackware 9.0.
4MB download including the 2MB font package.

Also available is w3m 0.5 2002 (with added support for Asian languages) for Slackware 10.0, which refused to compile for me even after I compiled libgc. Complained about long long (Chinese characters?) and sqrt and even not finding libgpm (which is there).

I have not tested either of these.

linuxpackages has the same lynx 2.8.51 and dillo 0.8.6 that I already compiled.

retawq does not work correctly at that site - won't keep the 'any' setting and thus only looks for SW13 packages.

elinks does not access the first of two SEND links at fastmail but there is a second SEND at page bottom. Lynx (all versions) will not do a REPLY - it produces an error pages about hitting ENTER instead of clicking on a button, with the new interface. The old interface is going away. I reported the problem. w3m and retawq and links2 work.

I downloaded (over a wet phone line in 30 min) lynx 2.8.8 dev1 and compiled and packaged and uploaded it. I still can't make persistent cookies persist in a cookies file.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/lynx288dev1-glibc225.tgz.

1.0MB package with documentation but without the 500K of CHANGES since 2.8 or more prior to that. The binary though glibc-dynamic is still larger than uclibc 2.8.6 or glibc-static 2.8.5. I added my own lynx.cfg and lynx.lss. My lynx.cfg uses msmtp and various viewers and sound players and my lynx.lss works with TTL monitor.

gpm mouse works with all the browsers but only to cut phrases, not to access links. Does it work for other people? I have serial mouse.