baslinux - Re: [BL] email machine

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] email machine
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 17:00:11 +0000 (UTC)

I am trying to compile Dillo 2 which needs fltk2 (instead of gkt1) and
uses half the memory of Dillo 0.8* (which uses about the same memory, even
including Xvesa and xinit, as links2 graphical).

First I need to compile FLTK2 (fast light toolkit) and install it so dillo
can statically link it in.
It compiled for quite a while and made openGL*.a and fltk.a and was
working on fluid but got stuck (make 2> error.log contents)

../lib/libfltk2.a(run.o): In function `fltk::handle(void)':
run.o(.text+0x236b): undefined reference to `Xutf8LookupString'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [fluid2] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Is there a workaround? I don't care about utf8 (unicode).
There is a src/run.o which is binary and I have no idea how to edit it.

I am using Slackware 8.1 headers and libXi.

Maybe just fltk.a will be enough, without fluid?

I did a make install of what was compiled.

The three libfltk*.a went into /usr/local/lib
The fltk header files in /usr/local/include/fltk
It could not find fluid to put in /usr/local/bin

Dillo ./configure said it could not find FLTK2. I need fluid.

The fltk site discusses this lack of the lookupstring in the context of non-linux distributions lacking it and there is a patch from April 2008. My linux distribution seems to lack it possibly because SW81 is 10 years old. Bug dates from fltk 1.3. I could try a more recent X11 but they seem to be differently organized. What specific file or library?
Maybe just libX11?