baslinux - Re: [BL] email machine

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] email machine
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 15:59:10 +0000 (UTC)

lynx (does not seem to really save the cookie)

Lynx 2.8.6 (uclibc compiled by Karolis) is set NOT to keep persistent cookies. I changed this line in lynx.cfg and it still does not retain cookies. Lynx.cfg says this may be due to how it is compiled.

The lynx 2.8.51 that I compiled (static against glibc 2.2.5) has the same problem. I used the lynx.cfg as above with persistent cookies set to true. (symlinked from /etc/lynx.cfg to /usr/lib/lynx.cfg).

Dillo by default does not accept cookies. Netrik is too strange for a beginner. Opera won't run well in 16MB RAM and 120MHz.

Since I don't want to recompile lynx right now the user will have to learn to type her login and password each time.

Unless links2 can be set to accept persistent cookies.
I downloaded the user manual from the link in the program. It is large and fairly recent and has quite a lot of Czech embedded in it. I offered to edit the English. No mention of cookies.

There is now a version 2.2 with a few minor bugfixes since 2.1pre33 and javascript still gone.