baslinux - Re: [BL] email machine

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] email machine
  • Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 03:22:38 +0000 (UTC)

Dunno how you guys feel about gmail, but if you select the use plain HTML
option, it renders quite nicely in those sorts of browsers.

Used to take 45 sec to log in but it was just under 20 sec this time - 10 sec to load the login page itself and 10 to log in. I might try it if she cannot learn to delete mails after reading them. I see nothing about automatic login or saving password. Gmail requires a longer password than fastmail.

Fastmail was 3 sec plus 3 sec. tiny.fastmail.fm gets you straight to the login page.

The laptop is 1/8 the speed but that is still probably faster than the download speed.