baslinux - Re: [BL] mplayer plugin, was Re: Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mplayer plugin, was Re: Abiword problem
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 02:58:41 +0000 (UTC)

With David Moberg's mplayer-uclibc (1.0pre7try2), mplayer plugin plays
streaming audio, including pls.

Wrong, pls is not recognized though pls is listed in .types. I tried Firefox and Seamonkey.

http://www.vpr.net/vpr_files/stream_playlists/vprclassical.pls (MP3)

You have chosen to open ... which is a PLS file. I tell it to use mplayer-uclibc to open the file and get a popup asking whether to open, remove or cleanup. No music.

No better luck with asx files:
Mplayer transfers data, something about playlist if you hit PLAY icon, and then stops.
http://www.vpr.net/vpr_files/stream_playlists/vprclassical.asx (WMA)

How do we make the plugin work with playlists?

A direct connection to their mp3 stream tells me I am buffering 99% and after a couple of minutes I hear sound.

http://vprclassical.streamguys.net/vprclassical24.mp3

If I click on a midi file I can instruct Firefox to use timidity to play all files of this type.

If I say to use mplayer-uclibc to play a pls file, it does not play.