baslinux - Re: [BL] Abiword problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Abiword problem
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 21:14:04 +0000 (UTC)

I downloaded and unpackaged mplayerplug-in 3.31 from linuxpackages.net
(which I think you said you used) and it produced 5 so and 5 xpt files,
which I copied to firefox (as instructed by the mozilla plugins
documentation for linux).

Now when I run firefox, on exit I see that these libraries require GTK2,
so I deleted 3.31 and replaced with 2.66. Steven, didn't you say you got
version 3.31 and also that you chose Firefox 1.5 to avoid gtk2?

----------------------------
A clue to the problem:

I copied mplayer plugin version 2.66 to Firefox 1.0.5.12 in Slackware 11
and when I type about:plugins I see mplayer 2.66 listed (and it also
supports Quicktime and Windows Media Player).

Version 2.66 is also GTK2 (unpack the tar.gz, cd usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, ldd - libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 not found, also pango and cairo).

When I tried to use 2.66 in Slackware 11 it did not give me the dialog box asking what the open the file with but it did say
Toolkit mismatch mozilla (GTK1) plugin (GTK2).

Slackware 11 does have libgtk2 (though mozilla uses gtk1). Could this be why it at least gets listed as a plugin in Slackware 11?

Steven, HOW did you get mplayer plugin to work in BL2 without gtk2?

Maybe I can compile the plugin myself --enable-gtk1.